Friday, November 21, 2008


Hovels and Ruins and Shelters, oh my - My friend Gary suggested that I post some photos of the structures we've created over the past couple of years for our wargames table. I constructed the majority of the buildings using block molds created by Hirst Arts Fantasy Archetecture. No links, but the web address is:
http://www.hirstarts.com/

I highly recommend them to any wargamer wanting to punch up the look of the table top. In addition to the blocks, the buildings are almost exclusively with a craft item called Skinny Sticks and the adhesive of choice is Aleene's Tacky Glue. Both products can be purchased in Walmart, or any craft store. Ok, here are pictures of some of the stuff we use:

2 comments:

ColCampbell50 said...

Very nicely done buildings. I especially like the apples, bubbling cauldron, and beehives (?) in the building on the top right. Looks like the occupants of the building on the lower left need to get some goats or sheep in to take care of the tall grass. :^)

Jim

Frankfurter said...

I agree.
Nice work.
And it looks like the completed structures are hollow so that figs can be placed inside?
A